Branding Your Business ideas for the last few months of 2018!
YES. It is true, 2018 is coming to an end and it is now time for us to think about this year and what we wished was in place for us to have a most successful 2019.
Go get a pen and paper and write down how this year is going so far and ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you have a recognizable logo for your business? Is your logo made up of an icon and your business name?
2. Do your customers know what your business stands for by looking at your website?
3. Does your website have a clear message?
4. Do you have enough content on your website?
5. Is your website optimized for fast loading times and “search engine optimization” (SEO)?
6. Are you using social media correctly?
7. Has your social media following grown?
8. Are people engaging with your social media posts?
9. Did you get any new clients this year?
10. Did any of your current clients provide referrals to you?
11. Have you informed your clients about all the services you provide?
12. Do you have well designed marketing materials?
13. Do you have a good business card?
14. Do you have a monthly marketing budget?
Branding your business, the correct way will help you live the life you always wanted. If this is done correctly the first time, you will only need to focus on sharing content that will help you get your message out.
All businesses have expenses, they must pay for rent (either for a storefront, office or home office) utilities, working materials, software, employees (either monthly or contractors), transportation, and networking … but have you noticed that most of them think that having a marketing budget is not necessary?
Why would you have a business and not think about having a marketing budget? You have to let people know that your business exists and what it does to best serve them, otherwise it would be like standing all alone in your boat in the middle of the ocean.
“Branding is a set of marketing and communication methods that help to distinguish a company or products from competitors, aiming to create a lasting impression in the minds of customers.”
Take the last few months of 2018 to decide what branding options could benefit your business, so that when 2019 comes around branding your business will not be something that you have not thought about.
What do you need to have a good business brand?
1. A recognizable logo
2. A well written and optimized website
3. Marketing materials, especially good business cards
4. A strong social media presence, we recommend Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
5. A monthly email marketing campaign
6. A weekly SEO optimized blog
7. A video strategy, we suggest having a video commercial for your business as well as weekly social media videos.